Tamar River Sailing Club
Welcome to the membership page
The Tamar River Sailing Club welcomes prospective new members. If you would like to learn more about joining this friendly club, then please feel free to come along to the clubhouse and find out more about us. We are always open on a Wednesday and Friday evening and this is usually a good time to meet up with other members and find out what we are about. We are also open on a Monday evening and a Sunday afternoon between 3pm and 6 pm in the Season.
To become a member you will need to:
- Complete three visits to the clubhouse (which must be verified in the visitor book by a Full Member)
- Complete and return the membership form which can be downloaded or obtained from the Clubhouse. Your form will need to be displayed on the club notice board for at least days prior to the next committee meeting
- Once approved you will be invoiced according to the membership required.
- When payment has been received your membership card and bar vouchers will be issued
The Membership Categories are as follows and run for 12 months from 1 January each year. Joint memberships include children up to 18 years old (Family) and the main holder is entitled to voting rights
- Mooring Holder – Individual or Joint
- Between £526 – £656 plus a Share Payment of £350 payable over the first 2 years (of which £250 is refundable on relinquish of Mooring)
- Individual Full £96
- Full & Partner £134
- Family £134
- Dinghy (includes summer dinghy storage)
- Individual Full £146
- Full & Partner £184
The following categories of memberships do not have voting rights
- Associate – Individual – Sibling living at home
- Individual £58
- Joint £96
Full payment is required for memberships that commence between January and June, and 50% for memberships that start between July and December.
A joining fee of £20 is added to the first year of membership.
Bar tokens to the value of £20 are included in each year’s membership for all members other than cadets.
Please feel free to contact me for any advice or help.
Claude Van Martyn (Membership Secretary)
There are many opportunities to get involved by participating in club activities and also by becoming a volunteer. Volunteers are an essential part of the club, If you feel you would like to assist on any of the following, then please use the ‘contact us’ above.
- Helping out with operating the safety boats for Dinghy racing and associated events. Please put your name down for the rota for 2017.
- For Yacht racing events, assisting with taking competitors out to their yachts in the club rib
- Help on the start line and Race officer duties.
- Members to help with our Dinghy racing fleet. This would involve setting up the rescue boat rota and helping to organising the races.
Contact Membership Secretary Claude Van Martyn
- Click to email